[ 20 Facts About Me ]
I've been wanting to share more about myself and my values on the journal recently, and I thought it would be fun to share 20 facts about me!
1. I love to tell stories and share new and exciting ideas with others.
2. I started dating my boyfriend after graduating high school, and we have been friends since grade 9!
3. We recently moved to Muskoka, Ontario
4. I am a huge animal lover, and would love to own a hobby farm one day.
5. I have always loved capturing the candid moments in my life when I'm with my family and friends, and apply the same to my business and clients images. I believe that the true, raw emotions tell a much greater story!
6. I own a rescue dog named Jax who came all the way from Kentucky. We found him through the rescue agency Our Angels Dog Rescue - check them out!
7. I live a vegetarian lifestyle and love to create new recipes from scratch
8. I have a rare auto immune disease called Morphea (Scleroderma) and am very passionate about spreading awareness for this disease, and for sharing the experiences and stories of others.
9. I love my morning coffee time, and usually spend it reflecting on things I am grateful for in my life. I start the morning on a more positive note and it helps to create an intention for the rest of my day.
10. I like to read and learn about new photography tips and tricks in this ever changing industry!
11. my guilty pleasure is definitely chocolate.. but not the crunchy, filled kind... just plain ol' smooth chocolate!
12. My boyfriend's family own a cottage on Six Mile Lake in Muskoka, and it's our favourite place to be... ever!
13. I love to be outdoors and enjoy going for hikes, especially in the fall, or going for canoe rides in the warmer months. There's nothing like a sunrise, or sunset canoe!
14. I believe in honesty and always telling the truth. I open up to people very easily, but I can close up just as fast!
15. I think that removing negative energy from your life is very important for your health and well being. If it's coming from someone you work with, a friend, or even a family member, you may need to create some distance from them for your own sake.
16. I am a firm believer in taking the scenic route!
17. I put the spice turmeric on almost all of the food I make because of it's many health benefits. Turmeric has a natural ant-inflammatory compound (which is great for my autoimmune disease), it increases the bodies antioxidant capacity and helps to fight and prevent cancers, and so many more positive properties! I highly recommend adding it to your daily spices!
18. I strongly believer that you should always print your photographs! In todays digital age, don't let them die in a computer graveyard!
19. I have a collection of various healing stones that I have strong draw to. My favourite stone is my smooth amethyst that I carry around with me to help ease my anxieties.
20. I have a bachelors degree in photography from Sheridan College. FUN FACT - my Dad took the same course 30 years ago!